Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Pleasant Addiction

crochet bouquet rose flower vase pinkI must admit it now, I'm an addict. A crocheted flower addict that is ! It started out innocently, designing a few roses here, crocheting a pansy there. When my house and relatives homes began to fill with my creations, I started offering them on eBay. "Just take them", I thought, so I can keep making more. That was in 2003.

In 2008 I discovered etsy.com and oh, my options expanded rapidly. The colorful features available on etsy grabbed hold of me and my crochet hook. It is a community, a team, a partner in craftiness! Yes, I was over the top now, up to my ears in crocheted flowers.

So now I've started a blog. More to learn, more to do. I must admit this hobby is a pleasant addiction. 

4 comments:

ceejay said...

your blog looks good. love the banner!

here's my link, if you'd like to check it out and maybe follow me!

www.ceejaybags.blogspot.com

Leah said...

you can follow me too if you like! I love crochet flowers! Congrats on the new blog!

Nora said...

Katherine, What a great start for you. It flows so well (wish mine would lol). I always say you have the prettiest crocheted flowers of anyone on etsy!
Nora

Doris Sturm said...

Very nice, Kathryn, so bright and cheerful with all those pretty flowers :-)

I wish you much luck with blogging. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Doris