I began blogging because I liked the idea of having one place on the web to attract people who are interested in my passion - crocheted flowers. After diving in, I found out there were other things to consider as well. I would need pictures, interesting topics, and research to make sure my posts were accurate. I would need readers, and would want to spend time exploring other people's blogs. There turned out to be more to blogging than I originally thought, but in a good way.
If you are considering blogging, check out my 'Why Blog' list to see if my experiences might help you decide if blogging is something you would like to do too.
- Gets me reflecting about my life, and what I want to share with the world
- Helps me explore, learn, and organize information
- Prompts me to communication with people I've never met
- Causes me to practice technical skills, like photo editing and html writing
- Introduces me to current trends on the web
- Gives me a place to show things
- Keeps me in the present