Sunday, August 23, 2009

♫ Hearts ♫

It has probably been around for a bit, but I just noticed that craftopolis has a new tab that shows off hearts from etsy ! For those of you not familiar with these hearts and why this feature is cool, let me explain. I'll use my etsy shop as an example.

First, go to the homepage of my etsy shop. Then move down the right hand side until you see "Favorites". Click on "See Who Hearts This Shop" to see all the etsy users who have selected my shop a favorite. The list is long though, so it is difficult to see, for example, how many hearts I got on a certain day. Here is where craftopolis comes in.

Craftopolis is another website that offers personalized information to etsy shop owners. We can find out a number of things, including the details about how many hearts were obtained on a given day. Here is the page that shows my information. Now I can get a really nice visual image of the heart situation, and also when I click on a particular day, the shop icons appear so I can go explore their shops as well.

By the way, hearts are a nice way to keep track of your favorites as you look around on etsy. You can give a heart to a whole shop, and also to individual products. Some people do this to remember something really nice to get as a gift in the future. There are a lot of possibilities.

So check out craftopolis sometime, and enjoy looking around at all the interesting features this website has to offer.

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

Thanks for the reminder. I had totally forgotten about this...

Have a nice day!