Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Making Roses Again

It has been a long time since I last crocheted anything. Maybe I needed a break, or maybe I needed new inspiration. Whatever it was, I recently picked up my #2 hook and made a bunch of roses.
These are my favorite size to make - using two strands of #8 spools of embroidery thread. They are delicate and sweet. I sometimes put them in the bouquet wrap I also created.

The design of this bouquet wrap works well with tall stemmed flowers. I like to wrap crocheted rose stems and a few front accents in a tulle circle, then insert the group into the wrap. I tie a ribbon around it at the neck to secure everything and make it pretty. I've even hung charms from the front too !

If you would like to check out more rose arrangements, come on over to my etsy.com shop. I not only have rose stems and arrangements, I also offer the rose pattern so you can create these flowers at home.

No comments: