Wednesday, September 1, 2010

༺ Garden in September ༻

Today's harvest looks like a little salad !

garden okra tomatoThe cute little yellow fruits are actually tomatoes ! They are shaped like little light bulbs. The pods are black-eyed peas. Here is a cute sight - a cucumber with a little flower on the end:

My latest challenge is to to figure out what to do with the eggplants I'll soon have. I counted today and I have 10 healthy plants, just starting to make eggplants. If you have some ideas, please leave me comments !


This picture shows pole beans, iris, tomatoes, cauliflower, eggplant and onions. It has been a good year in the garden. The grasshoppers would probably agree !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there...what lovely photos of your harvest and your garden. The cuc with the flower looks pretty.

I've been thinking of you and wonder how you're doing on your "farm" with the bees and the dogs and other critters ;-)

Did you find someone to try those flower patterns for you? If you still need someone, I'm volunteering!

Happy Labor Day weekend!

Kind Regards,
Doris and Gizzy :-)

p.s. I had to post Anonymous because I've been having problems with google.