Tuesday, May 12, 2009

✻ Garden Tilling ✻

Our garden is expanding this year, so a good tilling is in order. My dog, Kiwi, checked out the rototiller and gave approval for work to continue. 

We are a bit late starting the plants, but with a garden expansion project, and needed work on the rototiller, this is the best we could do this year. After some more rototilling work, we will make long rows for planting. Here is a bigger picture of the rototiller:

The garden already has 4 long rows, and with the expansion it will probably have 8 to 10 rows total. After making the rows, we need to plan irrigation. Last year we used soaker hoses and that provided good water all the way down the row. Water and a good hoe are the best tools I know of in the garden ! Here is a shot of the new section of the garden. 

Are you gardening this year? I hope it is a good season for everyone's plants.

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

No, I don't have a garden, but I do have a couple of plants in larger sized flower pots - I'm an apartment dweller, but with all the bugs here this year, I wouldn't want to even try.

I'm glad you're starting one because I remember when I was growing up in Germany, we always had a vegetable garden and flowers and it was great going out there and picking fresh things to eat.

Good luck with it and plant lots of good stuff to eat for your bees ;-)