Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Foggy

I woke up this morning to a white world, namely fog. It got me thinking about weather, and why fog happens. As usual, I went to my favorite source of information, the wikipedia pages on the internet.

Clouds that come in contact with the ground are called fog. Usually the humidity levels are high, like ours is today at 93%. It looks pretty, but can be hazardous since it reduces visibility. I have to go out today, so hopefully the fog will be gone once the sun warms the air. 

Some of the foggiest places on earth include Point Reyes, California, Argentina, Newfoundland, and Labrador. Low valleys get a lot of fog too. As I make my way to town I may hit patches of fog in the low parts of the geography, but hopefully not too much will be left by late morning.

I hope it is sunny and clear where you are today !

No comments: