Saturday, June 18, 2011

༺ Spring is For Growing ༻

This spring has been about the nicest one I can remember. The cool sunny days and ample moisture are turning all my plants so green ! My zinnia seeds are sprouting, soon to bring lots of flowers for the bees.

zinnia flower garden Another favorite flower in my garden is the gaillardia. Here is a dew drenched first bloom of the season.

gaillardia flower garden
Here is an update on the asparagus I planted. I watched and watched, hoping the tubers would produce something. One day I even dug up a tuber to be sure it was still there. It had roots sprouting, so I replanted and waited some more. Well, a few days ago I was weeding the area and was happy to see a few delicate asparagus ferns.

asparagus vegetable garden
They grew really quickly ! I love the bright green color and the soft look these asparagus have.

What's growing in your garden this spring?

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

It's been so dog gone hot that not much is growing right now. The sunflowers came and went, well, most of them...there are still some that have not bloomed yet, the roses are blooming and my cantaloupe is taking off .... I just have to water plenty every morning and night because it's been unseasonably hot for the past 3-4 weeks - between 106 -109 degrees just about every day! Needless to say, we can't spend much time outside these days, but I'm glad you're having a good spring.

It's a pleasure to hear from you again, Catherine!